Departmental Service Roles (Global Development Institute, University of Manchester):
- Research Director (2020-), Global Development Institute
- Convenor (2016-), Global Development reading group
- Alumni Engagement Lead (2016-), Global Development Institute
- Convenor (2015-2020), Global Production Networks, Trade and Labour research group
Conference and Workshop Organisation:
- Lead organiser (with Ken Shadlen), “Pharmaceuticals and development in the global South”, University of Manchester, UK, October 31-01 November 2019. 16 participants. Funded by Economic and Social Research Council Future Research Leader Award.
- Co-chair (with Sam Hickey), “Development Studies Association Annual Conference 2018 – Global Inequalities”, University of Manchester, UK, June 27-29 2018. Co-leading organisation of this leading development conference in the UK for 500+ attendees.
- Lead Organiser (with Uma Kothari and David Hulme), “From international to global development?” Workshop, University of Manchester, UK, June 23-24 June 2017. 30 attendees (including 11 papers). Funded by the University of Manchester’s Journal of Development Studies Conference Fund and the Global Development Institute.
- Lead Organiser, “Global Production Networks and Social Upgrading: Labour and Beyond”, Early Career Workshop, University of Manchester, UK, May 04 – May 06 2016. 30 participants (including 20 papers). Funded by the Brown International Advanced Research Institute Alumni Research Initiative and the University of Manchester’s Institute for Development Policy and Management.
- Lead Organiser, “Global Production Networks and New Contours of Development”, Early Career Workshop, University of Manchester, UK, June 29 2015. 30 participants (including 20 papers). Funded by the University of Manchester’s Institute for Development Policy and Management.
- Co-convenor (with Lidia Cabral), Rising Powers Study Group (January 2017-), Development Studies Association. Organised sessions at the DSA Annual Conference 2017, 2018 and one-day study group workshops in April 2018 (20 participants, LSE) and 2019 (16 participants, IDS) funded by the DSA.
- Journals (across the fields of economic geography, development studies and political economy): Economic Geography (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 x2, 2018 x2, 2019, 2020), Environment and Planning A (2015, 2017, 2018), Journal of Economic Geography (2017, 2018), Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers (2018), Geoforum (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016×2), Geography Compass (2016, 2018), Area Development and Policy (2018), Applied Geography (2017), Development and Change (2017, 2019), Journal of Development Studies (2013, 2017, 2018), European Journal of Development Research (2014), Progress in Development Studies (2018), Asia Pacific Viewpoint (2018), European Urban and Regional Studies (2016), International Journal of Emerging Markets (2009), Critical Perspectives on International Business (2014, 2018), European Journal of Development Research (2014, 2018), Technology Analysis and Strategic Management (2016), Science Technology and Society (2016), Extractive Industries and Society (2017).
- Funding Bodies: United States National Science Foundation, Economic and Social Research Council.
- For Book Publishers: Elsevier, Routledge.